Is Islam the Bloodiest Ideology Ever?
Many Muslims will response that even the Western World had many bad ideologies or simply wrong decision makers, but that the core of Islam is peace. I personally doubt about it as Islam in its first 150 years were just conquering, killing more than 250 millions of people.
La page contenant un résumé sous forme d’un graphique n’existe plus (piratée?) mais son contenu se trouve, détaillé, dans la suite sous forme de texte.
For the first time I have seen the estimate of Islamic death toll in an interview with Bill Warner, the director of the Center for the Study of Political Islam. I have put the numbers into the context of other well know brutal world atrocities.
Thomas Sowell estimates that eleven million slaves were shipped across the Atlantic and fourteen million were sent to the Islamic nations of North Africa and the Middle East.  David Livingstone estimated that for every slave who reached the plantation, five others died by being killed in the raid or died on the forced march from illness and privation.  So, for 25 million slaves delivered to the market, we have the collateral death of about 120 million people. Muslims ran all the wholesale slave trade in Africa. Death toll: 120 million Africans
The number of Christians martyred by Islam is nine million. A rough estimate by Raphael Moore in History of Asia Minor is that another fifty million died in wars by jihad. So to account for the one million African Christians killed in the 20th century we have: 60 million Christians
Koenard Elst in Negationism in India  gives an estimate of eighty million Hindus killed in the total jihad against India. The country of India today is only half the size of ancient India, due to jihad. Death toll: 80 million Hindus
Jihad killed the Buddhists in Turkey, Afghanistan, along the Silk Route, and in India. The total is roughly ten million.  Death toll: 10 million Buddhists
The jihad in Arabia was 100 percent effective but the numbers were in the thousands, not millions. After that the Jews submitted and became the dhimmis (servants and second class citizens) of Islam and did not have geographic political power.
This gives a rough estimate of 270 million killed by jihad.
- ↑ Thomas Sowell, Race and Culture, BasicBooks, 1994, p. 188.
- ↑ Woman’s Presbyterian Board of Missions, David Livingstone, p. 62, 1888.
- ↑ David B. Barrett, Todd M. Johnson, World Christian Trends AD 30-AD 2200, William Carey Library, 2001, p. 230, table 4-10.
- ↑ Koenard Elst, Negationism in India, Voice of India, New Delhi, 2002, pg. 34.
- ↑ Barrett and Johnson, table 4
- World War 2 – List and Detailed Death Tolls for the Twentieth Century Hemoclysm
- World War 1 –Twentieth Century Atlas. Retrieved 2008-12-21.
- Communism – Foundation for the investigation of communist crimes
- Crusades – Charles Mackay, Memoirs of Extraordinary Popular Delusions and Madness of Crowds